Learning to use Keyshot within SE

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I am currently trying to write a tutorial for students wishing to learn rendering techniques using Keyshot within SE ST7.  Apart from the supplied videos, does anyone know of any other materials or do they have any advice on the best way to learn Keyshot from the start?

I'd like to prepare a short (30min to 1hour) worked through exercise for new users as well as some notes etc.

Although I've done a lot of 3D modelling in the past I have to admit I've never had much need for rendering so have little expertise in this area. Any useful advice will be gratefully received...........

Frank

Edinburgh University
5 REPLIES

Re: Learning to use Keyshot within SE

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Frank

Have you had a look at the Keyshot web site they have some very good tutorials there.

george.

Legend
Legend

This page was where I found their tutorial for learning the basics, and then some. Very informative for someone that's never done rendering before (that was me!).

https://www.keyshot.com/2014/learn-keyshot-3d-rendering-essentials/

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Thanks for those suggestions, which I'll certainly use.  There is more on the Keyshot pages than I realised. I think I'll find a simple assembly and render it using the video tutorials as a reference.  Once I've finished I'll hopefully be able to log the steps I took for my assembly rendering and then I can offer this to my students as an exercise to do in poarallel with watching the videos.  

Cheery bye,

Frank

Edinburgh University

Legend
Legend

I spent a few hours playing with rendering in ST4, and never understood what some terminology was, and there were hardly any tutorials out there to help explain any of it. Once we installed ST7, I found the introduction to Keyshot video, and it all made sense. Materials, Environment, Camera, etc, it all started to make sense what those things meant and were used for.

I am NOT an expert with rendering, but ever since we got Keyshot added to SolidEdge, it's been an incredible tool to help show customers just what they are getting!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Frank.

The other thing to have a look at is their Forum,Very helpful guys. (Almost as good as this place !!)

George.