Leg 3D

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good evening.

Through a real leg, how can I make a 3D through measurements? How should I proceed and what steps should I withdraw ?

Best regards,

Jorge Ferreira

18 REPLIES

Re: Leg 3D

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Your question is very vague. Too vague.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Pioneer
Pioneer

What steps need to take a real leg, to do something in 3D. In other words , I want to make a piece to fit on one leg , but for that I have to create the object in 3D. How can I make a leg 3D only with specific measures ? Type , perimeters , widths , heights, etc.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Pakito,

Are you talking about 3D model of a human leg?.....maybe you could post a picture of what you have &/or need.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

I would go look for existing models that can be tweaked to a specific person. I know there are body models for a program called poser. I'm sure there are many starting file out there. The real trick is dealing with how it moves and changes. You will likly need 2 to 20 different states depending on required accuracy/flexibility

If you end up modeling from scratch, SE is not the best Nurbs package that is the most fitting control geometry to the human body and a simple computer model. Rhino would be a better fit to you're ends. Then export from Rhino to SE to make the "Add-on" to the existing leg.

Nurbs=non-uniform rational B spline. or a curve that fits point with specific ordered controls.

Pioneer
Pioneer

To make for example a soccer shin guard . What measures have to be of a human leg to make it fit in the leg ?Exemplo.jpg

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Pakito,

As they [Shin Guards] are a maluable item anyway, I wouldnt' get caught up in the intricate details of a limb.....just gather a few sectional type profiles at appropriate spacings to capture the "simplest form" you can, then recreate them into Solid Edge as sketches, surface loft those, trim to a boundary profile, and thicken the result to have a solid model of the part.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Are you going to make custom shin guards?

If so, you'll have to start with scanning the leg(s) and turning the point cloud data into usable mesh or surfaces.  You'll need a 3rd part app for that because it is not something that Solid Edge can currently do.

Once you have the surface, then you can bring it into Solid Edge and use it as construction geometry to reference when creating your actual parts.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a 3D scanner, but was wondering if the distance and through some points / leg measures could create a mold similar to the actual measurements . Measure the width of the leg, or perimeter , you can not make a mold?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Pakito,

So do you have your scanned data already prepared and in Solid Edge?.....

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10