Leroy Somer Motor on SolidEdge ("parasolid text transmit document")

Hi,

I'm a french student and I needed to modelize a LS motor (132S 7,5kHz) for an assembly. On this website, I found one but it's in "parasolid text transmit document" type. I don't know this type of document at all and I wanted to open it in the piece environment to make my assembly.

Is it possible with this type of document ? Can I use it for my assembly ? If it's not, how can I do ?

Thank you,

Marion

3 REPLIES

Re: Leroy Somer Motor on SolidEdge ("parasolid text transmit document")

Yes you can open this directly into Solid Edge, either as an assembly or possibly a single part.

I would recommend assembly.

Put the Parasolid file into a separate folder, then in Solid Edge click 'Open'

At the bottom right of the open file dialog set the file types to Parasolid documents (*x_b;*x_t)

Browse to the parasolid file, select it and then click Open.

You should be prompted to select a template - select Assembly.

The file should then be converted into Solid Edge.

Note that although all the part and sub-assembly files are created, they are empty until you save your assembly.

Everything will be created in the folder where the parasolid file is located.

There are ways to change this but I wouldn't at this stage as you don't know how many parts there will be.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

[ Edited ]

Hi Marion, Welcome to the Forum.

Check the extension of the file you downloaded. It should be .x_t

In Solid Edge, click on the Open icon and from the list at the bottom for 'Files of type', select Parasolid Documents as shown in image below.

After this, select a Part or Assembly template from the next dialog that appears.

Solid Edge translates the file after which you can save the file as .PAR and use in your assembly.

~Tushar Suradkar

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group

Thank you very much ! Smiley Happy