Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License file not received till now

Experimenter
Experimenter
I downloaded solid edge academic v10 from official website but i just got the confirmation email. After confirming my email i have not received any emails from plm regarding licensing or academic code. Plz help me i have project work to do
7 REPLIES

Re: License file not received till now

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The license file should be in the Solid Edge install file that you downloaded.  Did you run the Solid Edge install yet?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Yes

Siemens Phenom

And did you then actually start Solid Edge?

Experimenter
Experimenter
I have no license file or folder in solid edge st10 folder. I gave all my information then clicked on download. Got downloaded an exe file. Extracted it then installed solid edge. Now the license utility is open but i dont any license file or academic code. No emails received regarding licensing

Siemens Phenom

You do not extract the downloaded exe file -- you double-click on it to start the install of Solid Edge.  If you extracted the files manually then the Solid Edge will not install properly and you will not have your license file.  

If you install by double-clicking on the downloaded exe file then your Solid Edge license file will be automatically installed for you.

As you are capable of and have already manually extracted the files from the downloaded exe file then you should be able to locate the selicense.dat file that is part of that downloaded exe file and manually copy it in to the correct location.

If you are not able to do this then uninstall Solid Edge and reinstall it correctly by double-clicking on the downloaded exe file.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I right clicked and selected run as administrator then the exe file automatically started extracting and i have checked every folder license.dat file nowhere to be seen

Siemens Phenom

Sorry for the delay -- went to lunch.

Please IM me your e-mail address.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave