Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Problem

N/A

Hello! I installed Solid edge ST4 successfully and saved the licensing file to my desktop. But when I tried to open Licensing Utility, I got a pop-up reading "the Solid Edge License file is currently in use. Please exit the Solid Edge session then restart the License Wizard." I made sure all solid Edge-related operations were closed, then tried again several more times, but I cannot open the license utility program, and it won't let me run Solid Edge until I have licensed it. How should I license it? Thank you!

5 REPLIES

Re: Licensing Problem

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,....try doing a "copy" the license file from your desktop into your installation directory, using windows explorer, "paste" it into "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST4\Program"
Sometimes the option to "hide known file extensions" is on, and you may miss the correct ".DAT" file extension if this is the case.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
I am having the same problem, and I have the SELicense.dat file in the correct directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge ST4\Program). Opening the licensing utility is still bringing up the "license file is still in use" message.

N/A
hello.
I too am having a problem installing my student version of SE.
I've tried what Sean and Thomm have suggested and I'm still having problems installing the software.
Does anyone else have additional suggestions for installing the software?

N/A
Well....I tried moving the entire Solid Edge ST4 folder into my Program Files folder (no x86), and that seemed to allow me to open the license utility, but then when I browsed for the license file, another error message occurred and I couldn't continue. I then moved everything back to the Program Files (x86) folder, ran the license utility, browsed to the SElicense.dat file, and it worked. Not sure if all those steps are actually necessary, but I have the program up and running now.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Hello,

Problems like this can be solved by turning the UAC off and then install Solid Edge.
I have had similar problems and all were solved by turning it off.

Good luck

Donald