Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of academic version

Creator
Creator

I am a teacher incorporating SIEMENS PLM into the class.  What are the limitations of the academic edition?  We currently teach SW not let me open up some of the native files in our folders.  What other limitations are there?

4 REPLIES

Re: Limitations of academic version

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe there is any limitation in the Academic version other than the files created are marked as Academic and cannot be opened in the commercial version.  Draft files might also be watermarked with text indicating it was from an academic version.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

Creator
Creator
Thank you for the reply. For some reason it does not open the SW files, but the SW version we have is also the educational version. I have not heard of any limitations so that could be the problem.

Might be dependent on the version of SolidWorks you have.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

asmith wrote:
Thank you for the reply. For some reason it does not open the SW files, but the SW version we have is also the educational version. I have not heard of any limitations so that could be the problem.

Further to what Ken has said....if by chance you're trying to open ".SLDDRW" files [their version of ".DFT"], then this is not currently possible until ST9.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000