Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lincensing problems on Solid Edge ST5 student edition

Not applicable

Hello, I am currently a student who has downloaded the student edition of Solid Edge ST5 software. Unfortunately I was having troubles licensing the program. I will put my best effort to explain the situation. Not long ago, I downloaded the student edition of the Solid Edge program, and managed to get it installed perfectly without a predicament. However, when I clicked on the short cut to run the program, it stated “Your copy of Solid Edge must be licensed for first-time use.” as a pop-up. After pressing the “Ok” button, nothing occurred. Although it seemed like nothing happened, I believe that the software automatically directly to the “License Utility” program to get the product licensed because when I tried to run the “License Utility” manually (after trying to open the Solid Edge application), a pop-up appeared, this time stating “The Solid Edge license is currently in use. Please exit your Solid Edge session then restart the Licence Utility.” So I restarted the computer and ran the License Utility, it asked for administrative permission, so I accepted, and nothing happened after that, and the application still said it must be licenced first. I found that there was also a “License Browsing” tool, but it said “Licence Browsing is only valid with floating licenses.” I was devastated, I tried reinstalling the program several times, and I just gave up. I will inform you with some additional information that could help you conclude what the problem or problems are. I have an Acer Aspire X3475 with the model name/code of AX3475-EF328. It is currently running Windows 8 and has no other known malfunctions. I purchased this new computer fairly recently and I have already downloaded a student edition Solid Edge on my previous computer I believe with the same e-mail address if that may conflict with the licensing. Please, I beg you for your help, I would love to utilize the program soon. Thank you very much for your time and consideration, and do not hesitate on asking any questions that may assist in solving this issue.

7 REPLIES

Re: Lincensing problems on Solid Edge ST5 student edition

Not applicable
Similar Problem. Have an ICON showing on my lower BAR "Click to go to SolidEdge" HOWEVER when it opens for the first time - I am required to enter the First Time User Info as the previous post indicated.

My ACER ASPIRE is Running WIN 7 64bit with no other Glitches .(I have seen elsewhere that SE will not currently run WIN 8)

When I try to Confirm my LOST ID or PW - I get replied with " We Don't recognize You as a user???)

I have installed and used AD INVENTOR 2013, Sketchup 8 PRO and SolidWorks using Internet Downloads. SE should not be this frustrating.

wallace.l.johnston@gmail

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Dear Tom,

First the bad news: Solid Edge Student Edition ST5 is not supported on Windows 8.
The good news. Solid Edge Student Edition ST6 will be supported in Windows 8. The slightly less good news is that this new version will be released shortly after the commercial version of ST6 around June/July.

Not applicable
Similar Problem. Have an ICON showing on my lower BAR "Click to go to SolidEdge" HOWEVER when it opens for the first time - I am required to enter the First Time User Info as the previous post indicated.

My ACER ASPIRE is now Running WIN 7 64bit with no other Glitches .(I have seen elsewhere that SE will not currently run WIN 8)
When I try to Confirm my LOST ID or PW - I get replied with " We Don't recognize You as a user???)
I have installed and used AD INVENTOR 2013, Sketchup 8 PRO and SolidWorks using Internet Downloads. SE should not be this frustrating.
wallace.l.johnston@gmail

With the help of M. Brown and M. Bruce I have my SE ST5 Software Up and Running on my ACER with WIN7. I'm really impressed with all of the Tutorials and Help materials available.
The BIG Challenge is migrating my MIND and Old Habits from AUTOCAD, INVENTOR, SW and Sketch Up into the Power of the Student SE software.
I find that a Two Monitor - side-by-side - display with Tutorials on one and ST5 up and running simultaneously is the Best Way for me to learn.
Re drawing the Alien Part Files using my Various previously created "models" is slow but, productive in my learning process. Once in, the fun begins.

Not applicable
i have the same problem but i am running win7 64 bit.
any help?

Not applicable
I have a problem with starting SE, the download successfully installed, browsed for the license file, everything completed successfully. However, when I start the program is says that theres a problem with my licensing and the clock has been set back. it then gives me the link to follow for some help of which i didnt find useful, "flexerasoftware.com". After the first popup message it pops up another window which says I have no valid license. but the license was attached to my email with the software link.
please help

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
The licensing mechanism checks other files on your system to see if their 'modified' date is later than the system clock. If it finds one, it assumes you are setting your system clock back to a past date to defeat the licensing mechanism. The following are instructions on how to find the offending files.
Windows 7 / Vista:1) Go to Start>Computer.
2) Click in the Search Computer box and select Date Modified.

3) Select Select a date or date range.

4) After datemodified: type in a date range, ranging from today's date to a date far in the future with a ".." in between (see picture for example). Press Enter to search.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Not applicable
Thank you, Its now working.