Link a patther by table with different sheets of an Excel

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

I'm working with patterns by table on ST9 and is so useful but, It may be possible to link the pattern to another sheet of the Excel? If It is possible to do that I may have just one Excel to 2 different patterns, not two excels for the same part.  

I looked up, but I didn’t found any option to change the sheet, it always takes the values of the first one. 

¿Any idea?

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES

Re: Link a patther by table with different sheets of an Excel

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

the pattern will use the active Sheet of the Excel file, no possibility to specify a sheet name.

But you can embed the excel data in your Solid Edge file, so you only have only one file in total.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

But here is the catch. There is no way to place variables into any tables cell by cell.

All of the built in table are organized line by line, so either item by item, or hole by hole, or whatever.

If you have a bunch of loose variable it is impossible to place them in a table of any kind. 

The counter argument is this. I do use the custom variable "L" for the  cut length of each part, but the variable is the same for every part that uses it, and is on a part by part (line by line) method.

Phenom
Phenom

ST10 will have the capability to display variables in a table cell

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Horray!

"ST10 will have the capability to display variables in a table cell"

I have been asking  for this since the first week of using Solid Edge back in ST6