Linking Text to a spreadsheet or cell for extrude/cut in solid body

I am looking for a way to use a spreadsheet or a variable syntax that will allow me to use in sketchs for the purpose of extrude/cut solid bodies. This is used for 3D Sand Mold design where customers require the part #, revision number on every solid body. Designs can end up with a mold that has 15 solid bodies that require a single text change.

Currently I manually update all the inidivudal sketches. I am hoping someone knows a way of similar to solidworks handles this issue, see attach youtube video https://youtu.be/nMghksgTP0Y

thanks!  

8 REPLIES

Re: Linking Text to a spreadsheet or cell for extrude/cut in solid body

Robot surprised  OH HECK YES!......I would love to see this capability added, and to "vanilla" Solid Edge,....NOT by way of an add-in, or macro!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

So, SE just needs to add the ability to drive profile text with property data? Sounds good. You wonder why it has this ability with most text related commands but not others. Who's writing an ER? Smiley Happy

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

bshand wrote:

Who's writing an ER? Smiley Happy

@bshand

Did you hear the crowd roar, as you posted that?....they were chanting your name!. Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Nice try. But this particular is a non-issue for me. Maybe the SE development gods are watching.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

What is an ER?

Seekanswers wrote:
What is an ER?

An "ER" is an Enhancement Request,....a process available to those on active maintenance, that communicate such topics as these, to GTAC (Global Technical Access Center), either directly, or via their reseller.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Update I called GTAC, rep said immediately they didn't know if an ability to do this exists, but would research, if it doesn't exist will create a ER.

Great....when you have been advised an ER number, please post it back here, so others who see value in it, can be added to the stack.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10