Loft not active (ST9)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am about to pull my hair out.  lol.  I am in ordered.  I am on a monthly plan which should mean I have the latest and greatest right?  I got the version without metal working.  That shouldn't make a difference right?  Who wouldn't need a loft?  I thought I would just be missing surfacing options.  

I know it's a fresh install so some of the options are turned off.  Could that be the problem.  I need a loft.  This feels nuts.  

6 REPLIES

Re: Loft not active (ST9)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Jella,

So which version do you have? - "Design & Draft" version only has "BASIC" functionality....which is probably your issue here. You probably need to be using "Foundation" instead.

SolidEdge [Overview] [20161212].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Jella..... one option would be to upload your file here, with the profile[s] you want to have the loft applied to, and either myself, or one of the other users on here might have time do it for you, then load the file back, and you "should" [only guessing how it will be handled] be able read that in at your end, but just maybe not be able to make updates to the loft itself.

Although the loft is sketch driven, maybe you can mod the sketch and it will actually solve the loft. Try opening the attached basic part, to test that theory.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Design & Draft (which it sounds like the version you have) only does prismatic parts - extrude and revolve - no loft, sweep or helix commands. You can check which version you have by going in to the help - about.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks!  I was hoping that wasn't the issue.  I will see how much the upgrade is.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for the supportive suggestion. I need to just get the upgrade....and really only so I can loft. lol. ug.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Jella,

Would you mind trying to open the part file I attached in my previous reply [no worries if you can't be bothered]

I'm only curious as to how the "D&D" version handles the loft feature that is present.....and, what happens if you modify the sketch profile[s], if it will maintain [update] the lofted geometry.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10