Lofted flanges not working the way it used to

[ Edited ]

I have a part, attached here, that is giving me problems. It's a lofted flange feature, and instead of it working the way it used to, this is what I get. A bunch nearly parallel bends. I don't get it. Why does it do this when in previous versions it worked fine and dandy. Any suggestions?

Edit: and oh, wow. Flatten it. What the hell is going on here? What's up with how it flattens?

Edit # 2: This is ridiculous. I can model this thing up in inventor, which doesn't give me any problems at all, and then I can open it in edge, and convert it to sheet metal, and it flattens and has no issues. Why oh why is Solid Edge not handling Lofted Flanges very well like it used to?

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
2 REPLIES

Re: Lofted flanges not working the way it used to

I thought it worked fine when we discussed this earlier this week?

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Lofted-flange-unbend-won-t-rebend/m-...

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Re: Lofted flanges not working the way it used to

I can unbend it and rebend it. If you'll notice, in that thread I mentioned the problems I've been having with it either twisting lofted flanges made with polygons or it will place a bunch of nearly parallel bends to make it, but it's been hit and miss. In most cases, I just use an older assembly and copy it and modify, but this part is too different from that assembly I reuse.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"