Solved! Go to solution

Looking for Copy of Solid Edge Fast Search Configuration ST10.pdf

Mine is corrupt and won't open in Adobe.

When you expand the installation executable (with 7-zip, for example) and create the DVD files and folders, in the Fast Search folder is this subject line pdf file.  When I try to open it, Adobe tells me the file is corrupt or incorrectly decoded and can't be opened.

This same error applies to all of the pdf files located under the DVD subfolder:

• Solid Edge Data Migration Component
  • Solid Edge Electrode Design ST10
  • Solid Edge Mold Tooling ST10
  • Solid Edge Standard Parts Administrator
  • Solid Edge Fast Search Configuration ST10

I only need the one for Fast Search for now, if anyone has a good copy they can attach to this thread.

Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by LauraWatson (Community Manager)
Monday

Re: Looking for Copy of Solid Edge Fast Search Configuration ST10.pdf

@swertel

These are not Adobe files. These are Package Definition Files used by setup..

Laura

Oh, a completely different kind of pdf.  Thanks, @LauraWatson.

I don't suppose there is documentation on the steps for BiDM and Fast Search setup?  I use Greg Baldwin's presentation from SEU16.  Without going into details about SEU17, I don't think I'll be getting an updated presentation, so having an official setup document would be nice.

@swertel

I searched Solid Edge Help for "Fast Search" and found the following:

Install Fast Search:

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1201628

Configure Fast Search:

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1304416:index_administering_solid_...

Give this a try.  If you still need help, let us know.

Laura

[ Edited ]

Define a Solid Edge Vault:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1129777:xid1329553:index_xid13298...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Thanks for the links to all the help file documentation.  I submitted an IR.

While I do still need to update the Fast Search utility on the server (still running the ST9 version, which doesn't seem like it matters), I can't access any Built-in Data Management tools on the client.  Even with Teamcenter and any managed environments turned off from the SE Application Menu (Manage flyout), I don't see any options to Use Solid Edge Data Management from the SE Options.  The only options I have are to Login to Teamcenter and setup General Teamcenter preferences.

I have no idea why I'm being forced to use Teamcenter even though I have nothing turned on for Teamcenter.  I didn't have this problem in ST9.  I can't believe that just by having Teamcenter installed on my computer I'm prevented from using the SE BiDM tools.

[ Edited ]

Wow, the Solid Edge Application Engineers are good.  And fast.  Mr. Wilson was able to point me to another utility that is accessed via Start->All Program->Solid Edge ST10->Choose PDM Integration and the select "Solid Edge with File Management" from that application.  I was doing everything from within Solid Edge itself.

Once that utility was updated, Solid Edge is letting me connect to the vault and use the BiDM tools.

IR Closed.