Looking for a How to Designing a Bicycle Rim

I'm looking for ideas, videos on designing a cross section as well as front view of a bicycle rim. Any suggestion will help.

Best Regards

Greg

2 REPLIES

I'm sure actual rim design varies greatly depending on it...

[ Edited ]

Hi Greg,

I'm sure actual rim design varies greatly depending on it's intented use....but this is what I found with a very quick search [see pic below]

In "Part" sketch one complete [the shaded area in pic] profile, place dimensions at the correct wheel radius distance from the origin, select the region and revolve it 360°, create one hole & and circular pattern it for the spokes, save & create draft views as desired.....DONE!

[or continuewith the assembly, creating a hub, then 2 oposite side spokes & cicular pattern to match number of holes]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I don't have a Bicycle Wheel but I did Model a Wheel Chai...

I don't have a Bicycle Wheel but I did Model a Wheel Chair as a prop for a Medical Device. Since I couldn't find one on the internet I built mine from the ground up. But since I wasn't using this as a product the Wheel is modeled in ONE part and not an assembly.  But this might be a good part to play with Multi-Bodied Parts and publish the features independantly.

I've attached a zip file of the WC Rear Spoked Wheel. This hopefully will help you see how I made it.

bob