MSI "Breaking News" (non-NASA, but as Galactic!)

[ Edited ]

Hello my fellow Edge-heads,

Move over NASA, I have been blessed with some breaking news that may dwarf Pluto yet further still, and could disturb your SE-orbit, so sit down, and strap in.

I present you….. MSI (Microsoft Installer) for Solid Edge “Maintenance Packs”!

Many have been pining after this, myself included, for some time,…the ability to uninstall, or "roll-back" to a previous Maintenance Pack without having to remove the entire Solid Edge application in order to do so….Well, that day is about to be with us.

The brilliant minds that pulse, flare, and gravitate inside the corridors of the Solid Edge constellation, have seen fit to allow, from ST8, “MP1” onwards….to now appear in your systems Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs list.

It may seem like a simple thing, but….”It’s one step for man….”, well, you know the rest. Robot LOL  

An official notice from the SE team will no doubt follow!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10
2 REPLIES

Re: MSI "Breaking News" (non-NASA, but as Galactic!)

[ Edited ]

Well this is great news.... how about back to previous releases. I'm finding ST8 a bit buggy and would roll it back to ST7 if I could. But I've built a complete new machine in ST8, and so the next trick we need is to roll back the data files without having to use the save as Parasolid, then back into SE trick.

And let's hope NASA uses MSI too... and "rolls back" their decision and makes Pluto a planet again, like it deserves. Too many good memories about the little guy... plus, what does "Pluto" feel about all this!

Re: MSI "Breaking News" (non-NASA, but as Galactic!)

OK, but Eris has to become a planet, too. The goddess of discord, I'm sure we all can relate to that.

Using SE since V12, 2002