Maintain Associativity with Inclusion greyed out

I have an assembly with some features that are designed with the inclusion tool that are no longer updating. I also cannot re-include and maintain the associativity because the option is greyed out. What are some things that I need to look into in order to fix this issue?

Thanks

8 REPLIES

Re: Maintain Associativity with Inclusion greyed out

A little vague to me. Are you in a sketch? Can you include a screen shot?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to edit a lower level part of an assembly and include it to other parts in the assembly.

I attached a picture. The line that was previously included is immediately parallel to the line it is supposed to be referencing, but as you can see the line that has the maintain inclusion symbol is not collinear. The second issue is that even if I wanted to simply redo the inclusion, the option to maintain is greyed out.

I assume you're in synchronous mode?

Question for anybody:

Is the maintain associativity button ever available in sync?

Bruce Shand

No. Ordered.

So the part you are editing in context of the assembly is in ordered mode? It should give you that button it seems to me.

Bruce Shand

This little tricky to explain, i know what your taking about. It's to do with how things are linked in your assembly or par file. One way to find out, don't save your file, is to delete a link and see which one is effecting it. Sometimes it happens if you link a part to a part outside of your assembly. not sure if this helps

@TDB, yes, I think it has to do with a part not being able to have interpart links in more than one assembly.

Bruce Shand

I figured it out. In a previous revision of the assembly, someone must have revved the assembly over with revision manager and not included all files or something. Some of the links were searching for a file that was no longer able to be found. I went to each feature in the parts that would not include, intentionally broke the links to remove all references to that other file. Then I went into each feature and included the features I needed so that the features would remain intact. 

Thanks for all the help. Looks like we got to the solution right about the same time, ha.