Measure error in frame

Dear SE users, I found an error with measuring a distance between two IPE 200 profiles. I know that the profiles are 200mm high and have a width of 100mm.

When I measure the first try I get a dimension that cannot be right, trying it a second time the dimension is different from the first try but still wrong.

When I open the sketch of the frame I see that the Hart to Hart distance of the profiles are 900mm, so the distance between the profiles should be 800mm.

Can I trust the measure tools from Solid Edge? I starting to doubt it. See the video for the strange error. Anyone else have this problem?

(view in My Videos)

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10
2 REPLIES

Re: Measure error in frame

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

without diggin too much into it, having done some frame work. I would check how the frame profiles are positioned on the lines. I can see making a mistake there that is not obvoius but produces crazy results.

Re: Measure error in frame

That is always a problem with Frame, it does not always do something it should be doing. But that is a different issue.

After many SE restarts and reboot of the system I finally get a distance that was correct. Still weird but I think it was a bug that now cannot be regenerated anymore.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10