Microsoft and Trlby Innovative Owner, Bob Mileti, on Surface Pro 3

[ Edited ]

Well I just was told that the Customer Case Study I did for the Microsoft Surface Pro3 is up on YouTube.... I tried my best to plug  Solid Edge, but this was a video paid for by Microsoft.

Thank you Scott Wertel for getting this ball rolling. Without his introduction this never would have happened. I really hope this helps everyone in the Solid Edge community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpleeXcyidc

Microsoft had a film crew here for 2 days videoing this 2 minute spot. Too bad the best shots of using Solid Edge were cut, but I still think it make the Surface and SE shine.

Oh and thanks for indulging me in my self promotion.

7 REPLIES

Re: Microsoft and Trlby Innovative Owner, Bob Mileti, on Surface Pro 3

Very nice, Bob! Congrats!

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Congrats Bob! This is a great "Miletimoment."

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Bob,

Great Video!

It was fun getting to see some of your business.

Yeah you didn't get to promote SE as much as you (or all of us) would have liked but most of here know what SE can do so it's the platform it running on.  I spend a lot of time at my customer's locations doing work and my laptop is simply too big to be dragging around in many circumstances. 

Currently I'm using an Asus tablet (Android) and it works well for many of my business applications but I can see where having SE on a tablet would be huge benefit.

Which model (processor & memory) are you using?  How is the performance using SE?

Franz

Franz,

I have the i7 8GB memory and 256GB SSD

The reason to get the i7 is because it hast the best Intel Graphics processor on it.

Performance is extremely good. It takes a little bit to get used to working with a Stylus, and a mouse is a must if you really want to do serious Design and editing on it. But for presentations, the Touchscreen and Stylus are workable.

You do need to deactivate most parts in a large assembly, but that was to be expected. But all in all it's the best portable experience I've ever had with Solid Edge.

I purchased the Microsoft Arc Mouse which is another wonderful bit of Industrial Design, but unfortunately it doesn't have a Middle Mouse Button, so I  got the MS Sculpt mouse which has a MMB and it's great.

I also purchased a Bluetooth receiver (http://tinyurl.com/oq2g3b8) for my 54" 1028P TV and it looks gorgeous on that as well.

Bob

Bob,

Great work, this is awsome!

I need to get me one of those.

Art

Nice Bob!

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Great video Bob!

My, almost identical, hardware arrives today. So can't wait to get Solid Edge loaded onto the Surface Pro3, and begin working in the office & on the go.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10