Midplane feature in the new release ?

Hi All,

do you know whether that function as Midplane will be implemented in the new SE version ?

I personally need it .... instead of measuring the distance between two bodies and cereate the plane ....

Thank you

Arek

Solid Edge ST8 MP10
8 REPLIES

Re: Midplane feature in the new release ?

Hi Arek:

No mention in the ST 9 beta PPT with 153 slides and nothing found in the ST 9 beta help either.

It just might make it into the final release, since beta is different from the final release.

~Tushar

@ArekK Can you explain the root reason for a mid plane between two faces?  Perhaps there is another way to achieve what you are after.  I'm sure you are aware that when placing a parallel plane, you can dynamically place the offset and can locate element midpoints.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

I'm assuming the issue is that if you want a plane to always be halfway between two faces even if the two faces change now you need to do it with variables or a sketch entity. It would simplify the process if SE did it for you.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

This has come up before:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Plane-between-to-solids/m-p/324956/h...

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

With sheet metal, There is an option to make normal cuts from the mid plane. So there already is some coding to deal with the mid plane.

The one I'm looking for is the K plane and cuts from the K plane.

Note: K plane = neutral axis for sheet metal.

@Grundey - Hi, Using midplane and its feature in for example 3 clicks as it is in Solidworks would bring us a lot of saved time to mirror parts, create new ones etc.

So far I have to : ( in steps ) measure the distance, create a plane ( sometimes I have to create a plane before measure the distance ), and then create another plane as a midplane, then do mirror or create another part .

for me waste of time in fast paste environment.

Thank you,

Arek
Solid Edge ST8 MP10

Hi,
I checked it before a post my question.

Regards,
Arek
Solid Edge ST8 MP10

What's about a 3D sketch betwen the two bodies and a plane (coordinate sytem) at the midpoint of it?

regards
Wolfgang