Solved! Go to solution

Mirror inside an Assembly

If i mirror a few item (parts and sub-assemblies) inside an assembly, they don't appear in the partlist as 1 line. Each mirror has its line in the partlist. Can i combine this in one line?

9 REPLIES

Re: Mirror inside an Assembly

[ Edited ]

The mirrored parts and assembies are copies with .mir at the end of the file name so they appear as items in the bom. The only way to make them appear as one item is to combine them into a new assembly or first combine the original parts into an assembly and then mirror it.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Can you select the mirrored components and set the Reports/Parts List option in Occurrence Properties to 'No' to achieve what you want?

Greg

Greg,...[if I've got this right] I think Johan is wanting to still have it counted, but as another occurence of the parent part.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Oh ok. Wasn't real sure what the desired outcome was.

[ Edited ]

I'm still not sure what Johan wants. If he wants them to be counted as another occurence of the parent part then what's the problem if they're not really mirrors but rotated copies in which case they won't have the .mir in their names. If they are mirrors then they're not occurences of the parent parts. Clarification on desired outcome is needed.

Bruce Shand

even thought the wording used was "parts list"  I am thinking that the OP my be refering to a single group of copied items in the pathfinder???

Hmmm, In that case I'd use a group although mirroring already groups the items in a mirror group. I think. Doesn't it? Gotta go, can't test it now.

Bruce Shand
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johan
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

If the item is a mirror of the original it is a different part and should have its own line in the parts list.

If it is not a mirror then you need to set the part to rotate not mirror and the quantities will be then be correct. It can be a bit of a task to get the rotation about the correct plane/axis.

There is a limitation in the mirror command that we often encounter -

When you have an original and mirrored part in the group that you want to mirror you will end up with 2 more mirrored versions, thus recreating the originals. In this case we will exclude those parts and place them manually.

There needs to be an option to use a different part instead of creating a mirror.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Ok i've used "rotated" instead of "mirrored", in the mirror options, and now everything in counted in 1 line in the part list. Afterall it sounds logical if it is a mirrored part, it is a different "part", and therefore has a diffenent entry in the partlist.

Thx all for helping, Johan