Missing features during assembly!

Creator
Creator

Hello

I have a problem with missing features of a part when I try to use it an assembly! Please find in the attachment the part I would like to use in an assembly. I do not understand this behavior! Can anyone help me, please? I am using academic version of Solid Edge.

Thanks and regards

-Sunil

4 REPLIES

Re: Missing features during assembly!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

A quick glance at your part, and it appears that your missing features, is because thay are actually only surfaces, not solids.....you can either, change the assembly display [using "Hide/Show Component"...right click on the part in assembly pathfinder...show surfaces] to include the surfaces, or, you can edit the part to make them solids.

ST7_ASM_ShowHideComponent_Surfaces.png

DetectorPackage-IRK28F1-247AAW [1].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator
Thanks a lot! I later found that this was the problem, but did not know how to solve this problem!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Most welcome.

An easy way to make those features on the part into solids is..... "Ctrl + Select" each of the top faces and then run the Extrude command to a suitable distance.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

Thats how I usually do! It appears that the problem is due to the position of drawing of the rectangles that are extruded. When the rectangle is drawn with one edge coinciding with the edge of another face, the extrusion somehow creates only surface, not the solid body! An example is shown in the attached figure. How can I make the extruded feature as solid in such a case?