Missing my beloved Solid Edge and Community

Hello all,

I've been absent for so long now that many of the new names and faces I don't know yet, and likewise many don't know me.

So I've got a new screen name and lost all of my old merits... but still the same JohnsonBigMatt.

I'm spending more time in Teamcenter and NX these days...  and that's why I've dropped in to say hello...

Boy oh boy...  when you have taken for granted your 15+ years of experience and start all over in a different software...  it's daunting...  I miss many of my Solid Edge commands and features already... 

And more than anything... I miss this community of active, willing, prompt support from other users...

Wishing you all well,  IF you are going to SEU16 Stop by and see me on Thursday, I'll be presenting on Solid Edge Wire Harness...  Hope to see many of you there.

Till then...  Back to grind.

PS:  if there is anyone here who has experience in both SE and NX...  i'd love to cross reference some feature with you and see if they exist in NX...  

Matt Johnson

Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6
8 REPLIES

Re: Missing my beloved Solid Edge and Community

Hi Matt,

I've got experience in both NX and Solid Edge, but geared more towards the MFG side  of things.  Let me know if I can help.

My #1 request right now is a "Property Manager" like tool in NX from which I can bulk edit attributes either from an assembly or preferably from an OS directory...???

Feel free to take this off line since not SE related. PM'd you my email
Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Why didn't you associate your new Sold To ID with your old webkey so you could keep the same community name?

we tried to, but there was some issue or reason it couldn't be done I was told...???
Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Great to have you active again.

Imics, Grundey and a few other are still tearing up the forum with good information.

[ Edited ]

Hi Matt:

I will miss your BIG session on Wire Harness since chances of making it to SEU this year are bleak.

I do have good experience with NXOpen programming using CSharp and VB.Net besides Knowledge Fusion programming and UFunc.

I have been conducting training back here in India for past 12+ years on these topics and done several custom software development projects in NX as well.

Let me know any custom functionality you need for NX and I'd be glad to cook some.

'Property Manager like' tool is too uphill a task, to begin with Smiley Sad but it would be fun Smiley Happy.

Meanwhile, we can start with some small size utility if you provide some clues.

Best

Tushar

Tushar, Great to know!!! I will most certainly take you up on this...

Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Matt,

Glad to see you back... I don't have much time lately to come here as in the past. We've been busy here, which is good, but like you I miss not having more time to spend here.

Bob