Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitter hems

Pioneer
Pioneer

Mitter.jpg

How to mitter these corners of two hems correctly?

13 REPLIES

Re: Mitter hems

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @KurtCouffez,

I would model the flanges appart, apply the inward hems, then use "Close 2-Bend Corner" with the corner treatment set to mitre to finish it off.

There is a material collision [ground away before flange folds, in real world application] on the internal hems, but they still function to flat pattern, etc. Of course this only works in Ordered mode....fails in Synchronous because of the face collisions.

ST8_PSM_MitredHem [1].png

ST8_PSM_MitredHem [2].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer

The drawings are for a school environment. This is why I would like to indicate already cutting away the excess material in the drawings. I want to do the cut on the him but this is not possible.

Mitter2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, so if you want to work with the model in that location, you'd probably need to use the "Unbend" command on that side flanges, do your cutout operations, then "Rebend" them.

What version of Solid Edge are you using?

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

This, too, I had already tried. The cutout, however, can not be made beyond the fold line so there still remains a piece of material.
hems3.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

By the way, i am working with ST8

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @KurtCouffez,

Yeah OK, take a look at my attached model.

What you need to do is unbend the hem also....make your cutouts to them,....then rebend.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

For some reason it will not work on my model. I get my model not uploaded here too. I get an error:

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @KurtCouffez,

Not sure I understand what activity is giving that error message....are you trying to upload it to this forum?

Could it be, this is a ".PAR" file that you have renamed the file extension to ".PSM" by any chance?

Maybe you can try compressing [.ZIP] the file, and upload it then.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

I want to upload my sheetmetal. For some reason I can not add an attachment. I also have tried to zip the file but even that does not work.