Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model not showing up in drafting

Experimenter
Experimenter

Problem with the drawing of the model in solidedge

When I click on the drawing of the active model, and go to the solidedge drafting template, I am not able to get the drawing of the assembly. But the boundary of the assembly is showing up with hidden lines.

FYI: I am using Solidedge ST8 on a windows 10 os.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: Model not showing up in drafting

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a broken link to the model. In the draft go to edit links and see if the link is found. I prefer the "tree view" tab. You may be able to repair it there with "change source".

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Model not showing up in drafting

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@pspt  I believe that the "hidden" line indicates the view is empty of any graphics.  This can happen if the parts that make up your assembly are not solids but instead are construction surfaces which is common if the parts were imported and either it had issues or specific options were not used.

You can check that from the Drawing View Properties on the Display tab (right click your drawing view and select "Properties".  Right click in the tree frame and select "List Constructions".  If that is the cause you will now see those listed in the tree.  You can then select them and turn on the "Show" option box on the right to display them.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019