Modeling 3M-15 and 5M-15 timing belt

Hello,

I'm just beggining with SE St7 and CAD in general. I've been searching for quite some time any tutorial or guide to create a model of timing belt but found only a couple of hints.

I downloaded some timing belt CAD models from producers, tried sketching curved lines around my timing pulleys and then relating everything, but I am surely doing something wrong.

Is there anyone that might help?

Thank you in advance,
Adam

4 REPLIES

Re: Modeling 3M-15 and 5M-15 timing belt

I (and many people here) would like to help, but the question is Chinese for me.

Can you be more specific?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

Nextor

More would not model the profile of a timing belt.

I beleive for perfomance reasons and the fact that timing belts are an industry standard most will simply model a band the width and OA thickness.

However is you do want to model in the profile heres how:

Model a solid band the width of your belt and to the right length

the thickness on the band depends on if you want to model in and add the profile or subtract the profile.

You will model in one profile (or the inverse) and then just pattern the profile along a curve you spacing should equal the pitch of the belt.

HTH...

but consider why you want to model the belt.  if its for the pretty picture you rendered, then maybe you do want the profile...  if its only a spatial place holer in the model,  most will never model the profile...

Hi,

There are many ways to do this. The key of the success is pattern along curve command!

Here is a short video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think what you need to do is,

Open your pully assembly, and use 'create part in place' to create edit new belt in place,

once open use 'interpart copy' to copy geometry from your pullys that needs to be transfered to give shape of belt.

Then you can proceed to make a sketch/solid of the belt, then adding the teeth possibly as a cut out or protrusion pattern along inside edge using method already mentioned.