Modify Part from Assembly is not seen as changed

Hi Edgers,

we have seen a phenomen here, and it could have to do with ST9, that  when we open an part from an assembly (not inplace activate but still open) and change it, then SE sometimes doens't see this changes and closes the part without asking for a save.

So after returning to the assembly everything is exactly as it was before.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

regards
Wolfgang
9 REPLIES

Re: Modify Part from Assembly is not seen as changed

Hi

I am not aware of having this problem, but it makes me nervous in case it has happened and I haven't noticed.

585 ST9 Win 7

As a place to look, are you creating an assembly feature and expecting that to show up in a sheet metal flat pattern? Assembly features do not show up in flat patterns.

Hi @hawcad,

Not seen this issue myself, but recall there was a similar discussion on the forum some time ago. I think it was on a sub-Assembly part edit,......don't recall the exact details. Worth a search through the forum though.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi @hawcad

Whenever I get a query from users where strange behaviour is experienced similar to what you have described the first thing I check is the “Automatic Update” setting and I check that it is turned on. I do not know if this applies to your situation, but I recommend you have a look at this. See the following screen snip from the Part Ordered environment.

AutoUpdate.png

Regards

HI @pieter_nienaber

Auto Update is ON, this also was one of the first settings I have checked on user clients.

To mention might be, that the cases where this behavoiur came up increases every day.

So another reason could be a operationg system update, servie pack, or something like this?

And it is not concentrated onto one assembly, it appears on several computers, for different users on different assemblies and parts!

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @SeanCresswell

thanks for the info, I will have a look wether to found the articel here in the forum.

regards
Wolfgang

this happens many times with me, 1st you have to set the automatic update option and the final assembly will be saved before separately opens the changed part. If you will save the part just changing in edit in place then no issue will appear.

Hi @RAHUL__SHAKYA

as this also was one of the first settings we checked, the Auto_Update was  and is ON.

And Yes also I know that when using "inplace activate" rather then opn the part works without problem, I cannot prevent that our users still are using the open command although I personally prefer inplace over open.

Nevertheless, the "Open Part" from assembly also must work reliable and should show every changes.

And, doing it in a diffenrent department or another site no problems or similar behaviour occurs.

This makes me afraid.

You can not rely on the correctness of Solid Edges work.

And very often the changes are so less and small that You will not see it when going back to the asm nor You can see, that all Your changes are gone to have the same status like before.

regards
Wolfgang

@SeanCresswellare you talking about how sometimes when you're editing a part entering into it from the assembly how it will become read only then being left with no choice but to back out and close out of solid edge all the way before you can get write access? Seems to happen randomly. If that's what you're meaning then I managed to get a PR filed on it last week I had to enable save logging however so they could see that it was happening at all.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"