Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Modify multiple drawing view configurations at same time ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a drawing with 30 or so drawing views that need to be updated given a new display configuration. I can right click each one and update but they are heavy, slow to open and it's time consuming. Is there a batch way to do this (change all/multiple dwg views from one display config to another), via SE draft or manager? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: Modify multiple drawing view configurations at same time ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CADCAM16 

from ST9 upwards YOu will be able to select all views and change their properties using the prop dialog.

But You have to be careful to not try this via the RMB but from the toolbar (ribbon bar) icon.

Otherwise You only will get the property of one view (where the mouse point just is located)

Or You also can do it with a CTRL-RMB double click

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you, just what I needed. I didn't realize you had to click each one separately. If you draw a selection box and try to get them all that way the properties menu disappears and the one on the ribbon as you said only updates the view clicked.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

If there are many views to select, using SmartSelect is a smart option.

Using SmartSelect, you can pick all drawing views at once as shown in this video:

Also, I'd like to point out that the 'ribbon' bar mentioned by @hawcad is in fact called the Command Bar.

When you select objects using a window, there could be other objects getting selected other than drawing views, in which case the Command bar will not display the Properties button.

Only when all objects selected are of the same type will the Properties button be displayed on the command bar. Using SmartSelect ensures you automatically pick objects of the same type.

And the same goes for Wolfgang's trick about Ctrl+Right-mouse double-click. If disparate objects are selected, the context menu refuses to appear at all.

As, usual, great interpretation of the question by Wolfgang and a great solution!

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.IN