Solved! Go to solution

Modifying the Standard Scale Values in Drafting

Is there a way to add to the standard drop down of scale sizes in drafting? I would like not bringing in a view and typing in 1/30 or .0333 into the scale value every time, but add it to my standard drop down for future use.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by dcstaples (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Modifying the Standard Scale Values in Drafting

[ Edited ]

The list of draft view scales to display in the View Wizard Scale dropdown is controlled by entries in the Custom.xml file.

You will need to modify the Custom.xml file to add view scales for selection from the View Wizard Scale dropdown

The Custom.xml is typically located under "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Preferences\" but may be different depending on your site specific configuration.

In the Custom.xml file update the section labeled "DrawingViewScales" to include the list of your desired draft view scales.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author item535
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

uk_dave,

It worked like a dream! Thank you for your help!

how do you do that?

Not quite sure if I fully understand your question, but if you are asking how do you edit the Custom.xml file, then simply open Custom.xml into any text editing tool such as Notepad, and make the changes there.

got it to work. don't normally edit the costume.xml outside of solid edge. but figure out how to do it. got the scales in there now, the guy's are loving me least for one day. see i always just save this file and transfer it to the next version. didn't even know thouse where added, problay long a go.