Monitor compatible with Surface Pro 3

Is anybody using an external monitor (or 2) with the Surface Pro (3) and docking station?

I'm getting my home office setup and I'm trying to find a monitor compatible with the resolution of the Surface Pro 3 that doesn't suffer from the weird scaling issues that MS has embedded into that device.

Re: Monitor compatible with Surface Pro 3

You need to be sure it's 1024 HD... 720 will not work.

Bob

Get you a nice 55" flat screen and use the Microsoft Wireless Adapter. Smiley Very Happy

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

[ Edited ]

Dell U2414H

You can drive two of these and SP3 monitor. Use the second DisplayPort cable to daisy chain the two monitors together. That way you don't necessarily need a docking station for dual monitor setup.

Don't laugh I've done that at home a couple times already! Wife really hates it, though. It takes away from her "Vampire Diaries" time!

[ Edited ]

Hi Scott,

I use a dock for my SP3 at work, and run a Samsung LU28D590DSG/XY 28" 4K UHD Monitor....for me, this works very well.

I run though our older 40" [less smart] TV at home office [& similar at client sites on occasion], via mini-DP to HDMI adaptor.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

@SeanCresswell

Boy, your boss must let you have quite a budget to buy that Samsung LU28D590DSG/XY monitor!

I have to chuckle at the 4K and increasing monitors..at 28" your immersive field of view (center viewing angle of the eye) would allow you to be back a distance of 30" from the monitor! Now you can turn your icons into itty bitty icons and have a big graphics area running a Gouraud shading! ;-)

[ Edited ]

@RyanM,

One of the advantages of being one of them I guess....and I do get a pretty much free run of any of our IT infrastructure, given I'm in charge of that too. [not sure that is a blessing or a curse though]  Robot wink

I sit anywhere between 20" to 30", depending on mood and intensity of what I'm trying to accomplish. Robot Happy

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

C'mon! I know you just sit around and watch NZ rugby all day...

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

bshand wrote:

C'mon! I know you just sit around and watch NZ rugby all day...

@bshand.... Robot LOL

....but, isn't that what IT people do, everywhere? Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10