Solved! Go to solution

More than one tap in par not showing correctly

i'm on update 7. i'll put in more than one tap at a time. when i finish it, only one tap shows and the rest show's as a hole.

16 REPLIES

Re: More than one tap in par not showing correctly

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that I am seeing the same thing with MP7 on my home laptop. In a shaded model all holes show the thread texture, but only the first placed hole shows the dashed tapped hole in wire frame like your image. More seriously, a drawing shows the dashed tapped hole circle on only one hole also. A call-out placed on one of the other holes properly calls out the thread data.

I am seeing this on my home laptop with a non-approved graphics card. I will try it on my work machine and see if the same problem shows up there.

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author TDB
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

This is an issue with ST7 MP7 in sequential mode and is an PR.
I recommend to return to MP6 until this is fixed.
regards

JB
VS2013, SE ST9 and lower

Fortunately it's so easy to switch back Smiley Frustrated

Greetings from Germany
Christian Kunkel
https://c-k-m.info

thanks guy's. it is easy since i just updated my computer.

[ Edited ]

Well, thanks for this.

I just finished updating 18 workstations to MP7 this morning !

Are drawing views affected or is it just in the model ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

[ Edited ]

TDB wrote:

i'm on update 7. i'll put in more than one tap at a time. when i finish it, only one tap shows and the rest show's as a hole.

Hi there,

Your image shows this still within the command edit sequence, so I would see this as expected behaiviour, to show the thread hatchings & depth info, etc, on the primary [or selected - in Synch] hole feature....all else seems to display correctly for me on my system [in all display modes & in draft].....will check parity on my coleagues desktop workstation when I get into the office.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

that was a Dynamic Edit. didn't matter, they were still screwed up

So you're saying while in Ordered edit mode, you want it to display the rest of the holes in the "group", or "sub-set", with the hatching, etc....?

I don't see the model actually not representing what the input is set to though....what am I missing?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Notice how only the lower left hole shows the dashed line for the thread. It does in fact show the texture of a thread, but not the dashed lines. Now, when you drop that model into a drawing, you will get the same thing. Only one hole will show the dashed thread lines. 

The intelligence is there: If I place a hole call out on a hole that does not show dashed thread lines, it will recognize the threads in the call out, but won't display the dashes.

When you initially place the tapped holes it shows all holes with dashed thread lines properly. But if you edit definition after completing the feature, the dashed thread lines all disappear exceot for the firtst hole placed.

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC