Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Most Notable Solid Edge YouTube Channels

Phenom
Phenom

Tushar,

I'm not sure my Screencast videos are all that worthy.

I wish Siemens had there OWN place to put videos. They are then welcome to use what they want on YouTube, but I refuse to have an account with anything Google, since they are not someone I feel are trustworthy to share anything with. I have to be careful with what I show since some of my videos show work of my customers who have onerous NDAs and confidentiality requirements. But that's a minor issue.... it's mostly I have no interest in social media. I come here for information and to help others... and NOT just to get "Likes" or thumbs up. (but please give me some cooties, I mean Kudos if you agree)

I have the same issues with Facebook... why big Companies like Siemens use these so called "social media" venues is beyond me. They are far from anything "social" when you read the fine print in their so called "privacy" agreement.

Anyway I wish there was a Siemens channel to upload videos and such...

Bob

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There you go Bob.....cooties were given!  Robot LOL

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Bob,

Social media = marketing for me. Everybody wants to sell something for me... I hate it.

Technical marketing (social media) is good for me and for you too, I think. Solid Edge should stand for this, because this is "the value" for me and for customers and etc...

That's all!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Bob, I appreciate sharing your thoughts and preferences about social media. The NDA part didn't occur to me though I have to sign such with clients routinely.

My simple rule to give kudos is:

1. if I learn a new thing about Solid Edge from a comment or post, let's call it a tip or trick.

2. A strong and emphatic comment that I can readily agree to and align with.

You deserve all the kudos for the vast Solid Edge knowledge you share. Sean and you are the most recognizable faces of Solid Edge on this planet or should one call Poster Boys  Robot Very Happy

I agree with you, in that the social media for it's proven potential is hugely under-utilised in regards to Solid Edge.

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

I have recommended the student version of Solid Edge to a LOT of friends. It used to be difficult for them to jump into it and see the different methods that could be used to produce a final result. The first time the Live Rules pop up in Synchronous is usually a moment when they visibly pale and decide they need to watch some videos before progressing further. 

In just a few years, the amount Youtube content for Solid Edge has exploded, and the community is that much better off because of it, so thank you all! It certainly has meant less late night texts to me asking how things like Multi-Body modeling work! Smiley Wink 

-Dylan Gondyke

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chally72 Keep your eyes peeled -- Solid Edge ST8 content will be announced May 18th. And the "intimidation factor" of Live Rules has been removed. MUCH more approachable. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobMileti et al...

The "Solid Edge Channel" on YouTube is enabled by making sure you post any videos via the Solid Edge UI and search for them from that same UI. We can tag such videos programmatically as Solid Edge (and not funny cats!) and retrieve only valid Solid Edge content. It is not possible to filter reasonably this way via standard YouTube (non-programmatic) web interface. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Phenom
Phenom

Dan,

This is what I'm not interested in doing... signing up for YouTube or anything Google.

youtube.png

Bob

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

@BobMileti wrote:
 I come here for information and to help others... and NOT just to get "Likes" or thumbs up. (but please give me some cooties, I mean Kudos if you agree) 

Bob, I like what you said and the tenacity.

Talking of likes, dislikes, kudos and thumbs up, I think the Kudos icon should be changed from a star to a Thumbs Up.

Users of the forum can easily mistaken and ignore the star icon as some status indicator or more like something to use for bookmarking. The star icon is used in almost all browsers as a bookmarking icon viz. IE, Firefox, Chrome.

The GREY star icon is is un-intuitive.

If some one from the forum administration panel is reading this, please change the Kudos icon from a gray star to something more appealing.

Another wishlist would be to adopt some other color to the entire forum by replacing the grey and shades of grey, or at least allow users apply a theme like in Yahoo, GMail or Solid Edge themes.

Any of these as theme colors for this forum would be just fine:

Grey3.png

Grey1.png

Grey2.png

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

As someone who complained at length about the initial forum incarnations, colors is unfortunately about the last thing we're going to get changed due to 'corporate standards' and other nonsense that will cause proposals to go through six different committees before being written off as 'too big a risk.' 

Seriously, we were told that the palette changes we got were as good as it was going to get.

-Dylan Gondyke