Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Most Notable Solid Edge YouTube Channels

Phenom
Phenom

Dylan,

"Corporate Standards" are established to help companies maintain a reasonable amount of consistency to their product... And for most situations it's fine.

However there are times when this so called "Standards" are turned into nightmares... best illustrated by today's USB port, whereby every user of the product gets stuck with something they absolutely hate! Why... simply because someone and/or group gets to decide the finished product without any understanding of simple Human Factors. And as a result we get a plug design so "polarizing" (literally and figuratively) that it's the leading cause of Global Warming due to the energy wasted. If only we could get back the wasted time and energy of trying to plug in our phones, the world would be 2° cooler!

So I just hope when they finally get to "palette colors" we can get rid of ORANGE in the menu scheme too...

Bob

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Tushar -

As the owner of the Siemens PLM Youtube Channel, I just wanted to point out a few corrections.

The Siemens PLM YouTube channel has, according to my calculations, 238 videos dedicated to Solid Edge. More than half of those are product specific: ST3-ST7, Productivity Summit and older Tips & Tricks from @RBrook. The Solid Edge Team is working on the ST8 videos so that number is only going to grow Smiley Very Happy)

The remaining videos include those from the #SEU events and customer successes. Less than 3% of the Solid Edge videos are "marketing" dedicated to Free Trial or Monthly Subscription. The Solid Edge ST7 playlist alone has 22 videos. 

Our channel represents all Siemens PLM industries, products, countries and different video subjects (demos, customer success, interviews, etc). This is the first comment that anyone has provided directly or indirectly to me that that the categoes and playlists were confusing. If you have suggestions on how to better organize the Solid Edge section of our channel, I would be happy to take feedback. Here is a view of the current Solid Edge section. While only 5 playlists are displayed, I counted a total of 15 Solid Edge Playlists. 

Solid Edge Playlists.jpg

One suggestion for all of you - what if we create a Solid Edge User Tips & Tricks Knowledge Base, open to all users, to post their videos? A section in the NX Manufacturing Knowledge Base exists with much success (even though all the posts have come from Siemens employees). We can organize based on whatever breakdown you would like to see: UI, Draft, Sync, Sheet Metal, etc. 

Give it some thought and post your feedback. In full transparency, I am posting this without first discussing with Matt Lombard who is the Solid Edge Community Manager.  Matt may have other ideas or thoughts already in the works that I am not aware of. 

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi @SusanCinadr

Thanks for the update on the official Solid Edge videos which I watched and found to be neatly arranged into playlists, thus clearing any earlier confusion, and further also acknowledge that there surely are some official policies and preferences, on which I have no visibility nor any expectations from, as to the kind of videos should be stored in those playlists.

I will stick to my opening comment "found a sea of Solid Edge video tutorials both ordered and synchronous useful for beginners, intermediate and advanced users" - hoping to learn and master more features and functions in Solid Edge. With 3000+ videos and counting, this need is addressed. None of those videos from the offcial Solid Edge playlists serve this purpose. It certainly is not an educational resource which I was hunting for.

Not just the 238 which were reduced down to 18, this treatment was given to all other 117 user channels listed in the original post where all NX, Teamcenter, CAMWorks, demos, interviews, case studies, success stories were all weeded out and only the Solid Edge training stuff was counted and reported in brackets.

My next big expectation from Siemens was supporting these few contributors via paid blogging which is very popular and exists in large numbers with other competing products like SolidWorks and Inventor. This point has long ago been cleared by Matt Lombard that a policy for paid blogging does not exist. So I was just pushing for this again to see if there are any supporters on the forum, but that too does not seem to be the case.

~Tushar

@Tushar, do you have a html bookmark for this?

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Bookmark for what Daniel ?

~Tushar

For all the youtube URL links.
So I can import it. But no worries, I will subscribe to them.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Not for the individual youtube videos but you can copy the URLs for each channel from the first post. A Perl script (program) actually pulled the youtube channels automatically. May be I can ask my friend who wrote the script to get a dump of the URLs to each video but there is no way to pick just the Solid Edge videos since most channels have many non-SE videos too. We (me and my friend) earlier tried this too but the results were not very helpful.

~Tushar

[EDIT]: See if the attached is of any help. This is the original dump.

Added 8 more channels this week - most notable of the lot is Worksline GmbH

- German channel but narrations are in English

- Several ST 9 videos.

Added 18 more video channels in the main post.

Added 22 more channels to the list.

Total 176 channels in tally and 5000+ videos

I won't be updating the list for a long time to come.

Kindly report any new, broken or wrong links.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

[ Everything under the Sun about - Solid Edge ]