Mouse scroll wheel not panning/rotating in model (unless 2 mouses plugged in) - weird issue!

So I use edge on my computer at work, and if I push in the mouse wheel it allows me to pan in the model, and if I hold control and use it, it rotates. 

On a second computer that I use edge on; those functions do not work. However, scrolling the mouse wheel DOES zoom in and out.

I assumed it had to be some setting in Edge, but I couldn't find it. Don't as how I figured this out, but I found if I plug 2 mouses (mice?) into the front of my PC tower, that it WILL work on one mouse (the same one that was previously not working). If I unplug one and plug it into the back of the tower, nothing works again. If I unplug both mouses and plug back into the front... then it's working.

I've tried different mouses and I've tried that non-working mouse on different computers. I know that other people at work have seen similar issues but cannot figure out why.

1 REPLY

Re: Mouse scroll wheel not panning/rotating in model (unless 2 mouses plugged in) - weird issue!

My mouse wheel is the opposite:

click and move, the model rotates

shift/click and move, the model pans

ctrl/click and move, the model zooms

no click/rotate: the model zooms

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200