Movement of two subassemblies related to same part

Experimenter
Experimenter

Trying to relate two drawer sliders to the same drawer front so they extend

when dragging the front.

The drawer slider is a 3 part subassembly, and i'ts made adjustable in the assembly.

Each slider can be dragged seperately, and they also move as intended when assembled to the drawer front, one at a time. They extend when dragging the front.

However I don't manage to assemble both sliders to the drawer front, and make the sliders move in "tandem" when dragging the front.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Hans

ST6

3 REPLIES

Re: Movement of two subassemblies related to same part

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Hans,

I managed to get this working but some differences probably. I used telescopic parts with a linear gear relationship between them, ratio 2:1.

I couldn't at first assemble these however when I put the sub-assemblies as normal (rigid) they assembled okay and then when I subsequently turned them to adjustable (using the right click menu) they worked satisfactorily.  I've attached a photo but if a video will help let me know.

Hope that helps (I used ST7 MP2),

Frank

Edinburgh University

Experimenter
Experimenter

Frank

Thank's for the suggestion.

I will play around with your suggestion, it may be a workaround.

The problem may be that the moving parts in the slides don't move in a ratio, relative to each other. The inner part starts moving when the outer part is fully withdrawn.

I have enclosed a video that illustrates this.

Hans

(view in My Videos)

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Hans,

thanks for the video. It's cleaer now how you assembled the sliders.  I used the gear because it was easy but hopefully the technique of placing the subassemblies as rigid and only once they are both assembled then making them adjustable will still work.  No idea why!

Frank

Edinburgh University