Moving dimension projection lines extremely inconsistent/frustrating

Hello,

The new ST8 "enhancements" to dimensions are causing a lot of problems for me.  Reattaching dimensions and moving dimensions have become quite hit or miss.  In the attached link, all I'm trying to do is move a dimension from the outside of a bend to the inside - something I have done for years by simply using the alt+ "drag" method.  You will see that Solid Edge 1.  Doesn't want to move the dimension 2.  Decides to move the view instead 3.  Moves the leader line 4.  Then finally lets me move the dimension.

What's going on?  In the past I could do this without thinking.  Others have noted this issue as well.  It's gotten to the point where I just delete and replace the dimension entirely rather than fight this "enhancment."

http://screencast.com/t/DQ0Qnc0RcQMg

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
6 REPLIES

Re: Moving dimension projection lines extremely inconsistent/frustrating

Feal for yea. Thats why i use the attach command off the toolbar when reataching dimensions. and yes, they do need to fix this. It's lot worst with cord dimensioning. Useing ALT key to drag dim's suck

I fought this problem quite a bit yesterdy when updating a couple of drawings.  I ended up deleting and replacing a lot dimensions that would not behave correctly. This needs to be fixed.

I have submitted this as IR 7543670

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

I am not sure what drove the system towards handles. It has less functionality than before! Absolutely frustrating...

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6

Hi,

I've had similar issue (not able to select connect handle - gray dot) but my problem was solved with MP02.

I've noticed that you select the primary modify handle (light blue point) instead of the connect handle.

Attached, an overview of dimension handle and their function.

HTH,

Michel

Hello,

Wayne Mahan was kind enough to leave me a voicemail and email to follow up on my issues.  He mentioned that SP2 should cure the problem.  I just installed and will give it a try shortly.

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hello,

I just installed MP2 and it looks like that cured the problem.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1