Multi body part publishing

Phenom
Phenom

I have a complex model (around 23 mb) that i need to split in 8 body to be able to 3D print it.

I have divided it in 8 bodies making the it a multi body part.

Then using the body publishing I realized that each time a single body is saved on a separated file the whole multi body part is saved again.

Why I did realized this ? Because today my network is **bleep** slow and it need 2 minute to save the main multi bodies part and i lost 16 minutes plus the time to save the 8 single bodies.

Is this really needed ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Multi body part publishing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What if you break the link in the assembly copy? Or do you not want to do that for some reason?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom
I didn't create the Assembly copy. I only need the single file to open and then sigularly export as STL.
The problem occour the first time you create the files.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You create the assembly copy when you publish the multi-body part. Or maybe you don't but there must be a link that is causing the multi-body part to update.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

bshand wrote:

You create the assembly copy when you publish the multi-body part. Or maybe you don't but there must be a link that is causing the multi-body part to update.

Probably I was not clear.

I need to save the singular bodies out of a multibody part.

I noticed that Solid Edge save the main part each time a singular body file is created.

If you have 100 bodies to publish the main part will be saved 100 times.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I assume each repeat save is the link from the assembly part to the original MBP. It may not be necessary but to my simple mind I would imagine it is done because that is the most robust method to ensure part/link integrity.

In your case a work around may be to save out to your local drive and then later move to the network location. I believe SE should still maintain links as the files will be local to each other in the same folder.

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP12