Multi body part publishing

I have a complex model (around 23 mb) that i need to split in 8 body to be able to 3D print it.

I have divided it in 8 bodies making the it a multi body part.

Then using the body publishing I realized that each time a single body is saved on a separated file the whole multi body part is saved again.

Why I did realized this ? Because today my network is **bleep** slow and it need 2 minute to save the main multi bodies part and i lost 16 minutes plus the time to save the 8 single bodies.

Is this really needed ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Multi body part publishing

What if you break the link in the assembly copy? Or do you not want to do that for some reason?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I didn't create the Assembly copy. I only need the single file to open and then sigularly export as STL.
The problem occour the first time you create the files.

[ Edited ]

You create the assembly copy when you publish the multi-body part. Or maybe you don't but there must be a link that is causing the multi-body part to update.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

bshand wrote:

You create the assembly copy when you publish the multi-body part. Or maybe you don't but there must be a link that is causing the multi-body part to update.

Probably I was not clear.

I need to save the singular bodies out of a multibody part.

I noticed that Solid Edge save the main part each time a singular body file is created.

If you have 100 bodies to publish the main part will be saved 100 times.

I assume each repeat save is the link from the assembly part to the original MBP. It may not be necessary but to my simple mind I would imagine it is done because that is the most robust method to ensure part/link integrity.

In your case a work around may be to save out to your local drive and then later move to the network location. I believe SE should still maintain links as the files will be local to each other in the same folder.

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP12