Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-user education licences for Solid Edge

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am looking to install Solid Edge across a number of computers at our school for the students to use. I can see the education portal where you can download a singl;e user copy, but where can I obtain a licence or copy of the software that can be installed on multiple computers for multiple users?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Liam

Lincoln UTC, UK

17 REPLIES 17

Betreff: Multi-user education licences for Solid Edge

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LiamUTC

AFAIK the academic licenses always are node locked to a single computers, but I suppose You can use Your Campus license for all of them.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Multi-user education licences for Solid Edge

Creator
Creator

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply. I am still not entirely clear where I can get a campus licence from though? The only ones I can see are students and teachers licences but it looks like both are just for a single computer and user. Obviously I would like to install it on multiple computers and for anyone who logs on to be able to use.

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_gb/free-software/student?sessi...

This is the student one I have found ^^

Thanks,

Liam

Re: Multi-user education licences for Solid Edge

Genius
Genius

The university get a license direct from Siemens or VAR, they have to apply first. They install the license and Solid Edge on the server.

IT have a procedure to install the software and license on the client computers. 

Solid Edge 2019

Creator
Creator

Thanks Geir-Perrer. How do I go about appliying for a licence? I cannot find anything about this online.

Genius
Genius

Contact VAR, they will help you. I think you must sign a contract.

Solid Edge 2019

Hi @Geir-Petter

Hi @LiamUTC

as far as I know the Campus license is also a single computer type license as all academic ones are.

So I believe that You can use this type of license for any computer.

The difference between Campus and Student license is the range of functions which are supported and allowed to use.

Student IMHO is a Foundation while University (Campus) is a Premium license of Solid Edge

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hi Wolfgang,

So should I just download a regular student copy of Solid Works and install it on all of the computers here? I am still really confused by all of this, is there a information page or guidelines somewhere that I can be pointed towards?

Geir-Petter, I am not sure what or where VAR is, but I registered on the below site, does that look right?

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/academic/forms/registration.cfm

Thanks,

Liam

@LiamUTC  On the page: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/teacher

About midway down it states "For software for use at the university level, please contact your local channel partner or the Solid Edge Academic Team in your region: Americas, EMEA or Asia Pacific."

Follow the hyperlink that applies to you and they can help you set up your school with a University license which will make it easier to administer and will provide support.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If your school is not a postsecondary school, which it appears yours is not, you may use the single student download file to copy to as many machines as you like.  When you run the executable on each machine, the student license is automatically applied to the software and you will be ready to run. As stated in the other posts, Colleges and Universities must obtain their software and licenses differently.