Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multi-user education licences for Solid Edge

Creator
Creator

Thanks KennyG & DStainbrook,

We are not really a university or college, we are an upper school with sixth form, just one that is focused on science and engineering. So I should just be able to download and use the regular student software and licence, is that correct?

Thanks again everyone who has answered, it is very much appreciated!

Liam

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have downloaded the student version of Solid Edge and installed this on a test PC. The only problem is when it runs it is asking for licence details, I can select education but I still need a licence. I never received an email with one after downloading the software so where do these come from?

Thanks,

Liam 

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@LiamUTC

Can you please provide the link from where you downloaded the Solid Edge student version, along with the dialog box requesting the license?

Also can you confirm the Solid Edge version number?

Thanks,

Laura

Creator
Creator

Hi @LauraWatson,

Thank you for your email. Software was downloaded from here:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_gb/free-software/student?sessi...

File was called: Solid_Edge_Student_2019

Version number is: 219.00.00091

Upon opening the following two messages were received:

pic2.jpgpic3.jpg

Strangely, I have just installed it on a second computer and this time it has worked... Same download, same version, but on this computer it does not ask for licence info and loads the academic version.

Any idea why this might have happened?

Thanks,

Liam

Community Manager

@LiamUTC

I have heard of this issue a couple of times, but we have not been able to reproduce it here after MONTHS of trying, so we can't fix it.  I will request more folks try it here this week.

In the mean time, if you can report any differences between the two machines, that might help us progress on root cause.

Thanks,

Laura

Community Manager

@LiamUTC

The developer of this exe asked me the following:

• Does this installation problem persist on the first machine? (Can you remove Solid Edge and try it again?)
  • If not, try starting the Solid_Edge_Student_2019.exe as an administrator (Right Mouse Button -> Run as administrator.)  Just to see if this changes behavior in any way.

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Creator
Creator

Hi @LauraWatson,

Sorry for my late reply, we have been having a lot of IT issues since starting the new term. I will investigate this hopefully later this week and get back toy you with my findings.

Thanks,

Liam

Creator
Creator

Hi @LauraWatson

There are no major differences between the two desktops, they are exactly the same spec and have, as far as I can tell, the exact same software already installed on them. They are also members of the same AD groups.

I tried running as an administrator but this made no difference.

Uninstalling and re-installing did work though and it now works as it should without asking for licence details.

So the original issue remains a mystery!

Thanks,

Liam