Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiply the quantity in the list of parts

I need to multiply the quantity in the list of parts, for a number of times necessary. Example: I need 10 chairs, the number of parts must be multiplied by 10.

Please help

Thank you

Regarts

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Multiply the quantity in the list of parts

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Of course you could override values in the BOM on the draft. But you can use occurrence properties in the assembly. Which I would recommend over editing the BOM.

Just be aware that if you have, say, two chairs in your assembly and you change the occ prop qty on 1 of them to 10, the BOM will show 11 for the quantity.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Thanks for answering

I have projects of 10,000 pieces or more.

It is not optimal to change the quantity piece by piece.

Is it possible to change the number of assemblies, and to automatically multiply the quantities by that value?

Thanks again

regards

Legend
Legend

Interesting question, and your example. Maybe you take your chair assembly, create a new assembly with that chair only, and set the occurances to 10 for that chair. Then your bom would be exploded, showing all components, and give you total parts to make 10 chairs?

I do not understand.

Could you explain that to me? Please.

Thank you

I have a assembly of a chair with 10 parts. (it can be many more)
I make the drawing of that chair with its list of parts.

They require 50 chairs, the list of materials must show the quantity of each part, multiplied by 50 chairs.

Requirement of the production department.

Legend
Legend

Create a new assembly, and put only that chair in it (your chair is an assembly, if I understand). Now, set occurances of that chair assembly to 10. When you do your bom for this new assembly of 10 chairs, you set your bom table to explode all parts. If you don't, your bom will just say 10 chairs, but exploding the list will show all parts required to make 10 chair assemblies.

I can try to get some screen shots if some of this is unclear to you.

It does not work, the occurrence continues piece by piece.

The occurrence of only assembly is not possible.

The assembly does not behave as a single part.

Thank you

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Andres_Macias, What @Trikefreak suggests should work. If you put your single chair assembly into a new assembly, change the user definded quantity for the chair in occurrence props to 50, then put that new assembly in a draft, create a parts list with list control set as attached picture, you should get the chair assembly as the first item showing qty 50 and the parts in the chair multiplied by 50.

OccPropQty50.JPG

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend

I'm so sorry, I should have tested first! I have now tested, pick to do Atomic list of all parts, instead of exploded list. This way it works with my testing.

EDIT: after seeing reply before me, that extra check below exploded will also work. I think the Atomic might have some merit though. When I do the exploded and check below it, the bom also shows the 10 assemblies in the list, with all needed parts.