My computer XP crashed and I reloaded the operating system. I now cannot use 2D drafting

Experimenter
Experimenter

My computer XP crashed and I reloaded the operating system.  I now cannot use 2D ST3, I can't install ST3, or ST4 from anywhere and ST5 will not install with XP, what do I do the keep using Solid Edge 2D? I tried to install SELicense in "\Program" subfolder under the "Solid Edge 2D Drafting VXX" software root folder" It didn't work, I got this error. What should I do?

2 REPLIES

Re: My computer XP crashed and I reloaded the operating system. I now cannot use 2D drafting

MLombard
Retired

Stefanm,

Just some things to check, some of these may be obvious, but it's often something simple:

- did you reformat the drive when reinstalling the OS, repair, or just install over the old OS?

- did you reboot before trying to install SE

- did you try to use the License Utility to get the license file installed properly?

- have you tried to contact GTAC?

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Re: My computer XP crashed and I reloaded the operating system. I now cannot use 2D drafting

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you attempted to perform a Repair on Solid Edge from the add/remove programs window? 

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3