Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH LETTERING

Creator
Creator

so im using solid edge 2D i need to cut and add letters to be cut with my cnc plasma cutter. when i use the text and make a dxf file for the machine it dosent recognize the file. what do i need to do different? 

4 REPLIES

Re: NEED HELP WITH LETTERING

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Deawn,

This is a LONG standing pet peeve for Solid Edge's handling of 2D text in Draft.

I suspect what you need to do, is export the profile data to DXF twice........the first time will enable you to right click on the geometry to select "Unblock", then delete the annoying text boundary, and finally save it AGAIN.

That should now be ready to cut.

Capture_21-11-2017.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Creator
Creator

how do you export? or is that the same as saving? You seem to be very knowledgeable  would you be interested in emailing me for contact information to help tutor us with solid edge. This is the only program i am using to run my company I have spent countless hours learning this on my own causing me frustration.  

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Yeah sorry, by Export, I meant..."Save As" or "Save As Translated" will get to the same result.

I suspect you would probably get a far broader range of help here, but happy to email directly if you feel it necessary.

Plus, I'd bet there are "stealthy" people getting help, purely by reading your posts, and then solution[s] offered. Robot wink

Capture_21-11-2017[1].PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

@SeanCresswell

"Double-processing" a DXF through Solid Edge is indeed a superb method.

Hi @Deawn

Hope the solution provided by @SeanCresswell worked for you.

Would you let the community know by marking it as 'Accepted Solution' in that case.

I am looking forward to your response with a purpose.

Thanks.

Tushar