Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help: Mirror+copy and rotate&copy holes won't work (ST9)

Creator
Creator

Hi. I have created a circle, extruded it, and added a hole. I edited the hole to my liking (size, chamfer, ...) and now I want copies of this hole, rotated around the  center of the coordinate system. Pairs of holes that are diagonal to each other should have the same distance to the center.

But I can neither mirror & copy the hole, nor rotate & copy the hole.

I select the hole, but as soon as I click "mirror" or "rotate", the hole is deselected, and I can't select it again.

I tried following the guides in the help-function (F1), but didn't have any luck with that.

Is there something obvious that I may be doing wrong?

3 REPLIES

Re: Need help: Mirror+copy and rotate&copy holes won't work (ST9)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you are trying to use the 2D Sketch Mirror or Rotate commands.  You need to use the Pattern feature or Mirro feature commands outside of the Sketch envronment found below:

2017-03-08_10-39-17.png

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

Creator
Creator

Hi!

Yes, that's exactly what I did wrong, thanks!

I'm still unhappy with the pattern-tool, a rotate-tool would have been much nicer, but I can work the xy-coordinates and use those.

On my 8 year old home computer ST9 works fine, but "at work" (university) I have a Core i5 with the integrated HD Graphics 2000 and Windows 10. For some reason ST9 keeps highlighting surfaces or parts and I have to press F5 to "make it grey" again so I can place dimensions and stuff. Is this a common problem or should I create a new topic?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

SE is designed to work on workstation class graphics but has settings to allow it to work reliably on lesser graphics.  It should automatically set itself based on the graphics it detects but depending on what driver you have or if it is not a popular graphics model, it may not be able to set itself appropriately.  See the following post for info on manually overriding it:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Solid-Edge-Stude...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019