Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing a feature in Synchronous

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have an imported mold cayity that I need to modify, There is one small feature that I can not get to go away. I have tried as much as I know to do.

One of our products needed a circuit board change which is requiring the case be modified to accomidate changes. I did original case in Solid Edge, but the mold models were done by mold maker. There are numerous small changes needed and I wanted to include the mold cavities so I could better explain changes. The green features in mold are additions. I have anothe copy of mold that I will highlight removals. Some of the additions/removals overlap so I want to send a before and after, the after version will have removals in red, but that's rather easy to do. To get the after I need to get removed features deleated. The part I can't delete is on a curved surface.

I attached original version & modified one.

It is the red colored rib recess.

I am on ST7 MP11, I have ST8 avaliable, just haven't loaded it.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development
Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA
T +1 419 525 8554

gary.dinges@emerson.com

3 REPLIES

Re: Need help removing a feature in Synchronous

Genius
Genius

Is this the feature?

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I hope this technique demonstrated by Allyplm helps you Smiley Happy

https://youtu.be/Er5bDRfNIhg

Yasser

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi,

"The key is in the radius"... You have to delete them too... It works well in ordered and Synch mode too.

BR, 

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/