Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with extruding.

Not applicable

Hey there. I can`t extrude my rectangle because I haven`t got any guiding arrows. Furthermore I can`t see the direction of x,y and z axis, just see the letters x,y,z.

4 REPLIES

Re: Need help with extruding.

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer
Just based on the 'weirdness' of this, I would first suggest making sure you have the latest Graphics Drivers installed. This appears to be a graphics card issue.

Not applicable
I`ve just updated my hardware device and installed latest Graphics Drivers (but i thought i have the last one). Problem doesn`t solved. I have Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family motherboard.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
In Solid Edge with any 3D environment open, click the Application button, select Solid Edge Options, select the View label on the left, and in the Application Display section, uncheck Automatic selection and change the combobox to Backing Store. Click OK to save the settings and then close and reopen your file. Your display should look correct.
Be aware that Solid Edge depends on higher end graphics hardware to display the 3D graphics efficiently and accurately meaning that the workstation/professional graphics systems like NVIDIA Quadro and AMD/ATI Fire line. Good gaming cards may work adequately but do not have the same features as the others so some quality issues may arise. Embedded solutions are typically not expected to work well at all and in some cases may need to have the combobox set to Software driven.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Not applicable
Thank you! My video card is so old and inefficient, but it works!