Need to add weight of the model to the excel sheet

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all

I use SolidEdge ST9 to build models with design intent. I use the variable table to change dimensions. I would like to know if there are ways to include the weight of the model and the number of bends (in my sheet metal assembly) in the excel sheet such that these variables automatically update when the models' dimensions are altered?

If yes, Is coding necessary/the only way to do the same? What would then be my best resources to learn, since I don't know programming?

Thanks in advance !

Bharath 

3 REPLIES

Re: Need to add weight of the model to the excel sheet

Phenom
Phenom

Others may have better infor for this than myself, I have not worked with this since ST6 and I gave up.

Back in ST6. Its easy to link excel to SE and drive things with Excel. Gettin things in SE to Drive excel I could never get it to update in a trustworthy way.

Everything to do with working variables you are better off using the variable inside solid edge to do the math then display things in draft.

In a nut shell, Excel is a good source, but a bad destination for information flow from SE. ST9 did add lots of variables, and ST 10 is in theory going to have tables that can use variables (Cell by cell) and add more variable flow features. This could work better now but that was my experience.

Betreff: Need to add weight of the model to the excel sheet

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @CustomStainless

both infos are available from the part (psm) whereever it will be used.

But - as @12GAGE mentioned already - from that moment on when You send this info to excel there will not be any further connection bewtween them.

So my opinion here for a long time is, to always keep it inside Solid Edge.

You can do a lot there.

If there is the need for an export into e.g. Excel, then - <yes <you can do it - but do it as late as possible and as early as absolutely necessary, since then You loose associativity.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Need to add weight of the model to the excel sheet

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you @hawcad and @12GAGE!