Network Draft Templates

I would like everyone in our company using the same draft/assemby/part templates.  I would also like it when we updated a template for it to update the templates everyone is pulling from.  I am thinking the best way would be to put all of the templates on our network and have each seat of Solid Edge pull the templates from that directory.  I looked through the options but I am not seeing anywhere I can change this.  Is this possible to do??

7 REPLIES

Re: Network Draft Templates

[ Edited ]

Look at the File Locations tab in the Solid Edge Options.

Modify the line that says User Templates and browse to your network shared location.  You will have to do this with every workstation.  You can also use the SE Admin tool to put this into the Options.xml file.

Found it, Thanks not sure how I missed that.  I guess I was looking for something pointing to the original "template" directory

Hi,

a second way would be to change the registry entry for the template path to the network location.

You will find this at:

20161012_1736.PNG

But as always:

Changing the registry entries is in behalve of Your own at Your own risk!

But to be honest, I did this quite a lot of times.

regards
Wolfgang

Does changing that registry entry change the file locations in Edge as well?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yes I think so!

I did this that way a couple of years ago, before the reports directory could be set to a network loacation.

So the global reports directory also was located at the server and so everybody had the same BOM configs to use.

regards
Wolfgang

Hi Kranly,

also don´t forget the new Tool in ST9 to distribute the User settings.

It is described here

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/ST9-Settings-and-Preferences-Wizard/b...

Hi,

as a first approach the new user setting functions looks no so bad but, there allways is a but, but the are only usable for one and the same user.

You can not distribute them for several users to share a common setting within Solid Edge.

At the moment the local user names and directories will be saved too so that they could not be used by others.

To realize this, I again go back to use my scripts for export/import the registry together with a cleaning of it to get the lines out, which points to a certain user diectory

regards
Wolfgang