Network Saving Issues

Creator
Creator

Currently, I have been working to rectify our network saving issues with Solid Edge and to no avail has this task been successful. I recently had a 619 Mb file (Family of Assemblies)( each assembly contains around 21 components) take over 2 hours to save. We as a company do not create components with a large number of parts.  So, I am curious how companies that have large assemblies (i.e. Crane, car, etc.) use Solid Edge and save to their networks.

Steps taken thus far:

This is a very frustrating issue as it is a known issue and it seems there has been no development from Siemens in rectifying this issue.  Any advice or suggestions in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES

Re: Network Saving Issues

have you tested this same file with a local save?

use revision mananger to copy everything to a single location and test local.

Also be sure there are no missing links of any sort in the file.  missing links to parts, iPC, face styles, anything.. 

Good evening,

An assembly file of 619 Mb is huge. How many family members does this assembly file contain?

Regards,

Theodore

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What version of Solid Edge and are you using a networked options.xml file?

Creator
Creator

uk_dave

SE ST7 MP8 

Can you please explain how the options.xml file being networked will help? I will check with my IT guys and find out, because I unsure if it is networked. . 

Creator
Creator

MattJohnsonPAC

Local save 23 minutes, No broken links

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I’m not saying that a networked options.xml will impact the issue you are having. It was merely a question as part of the fact seeking to help determine the cause and potentially a fix for your issue.

With Solid Edge closed, try setting the following registry key, and then retest your save:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107\DEBUG\UseST5SaveBehaviorforFOA = 1

Creator
Creator

Theodore Turner

26 members