Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Version of MainDimension Macro in English

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edgers,

according to a request and a hint by personal mail 
I have changed my MainDim macro a little, so that now it is available as English macro too.

See attached zip file and use the international version

For German speeking people there is the German versionincluded too!

regards
Wolfgang
4 REPLIES

Re: New Version of MainDimension Macro in English

What does it do?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

the MainDim macro allows You to define several dimensioins/variables witihn a part/psm or asm to be merged into one property MainDim (name could be defined in XML)

For every dimension You can define a leading separator, which could be a single character ("x")  or any combination of characters (", L=") 

If the dimension is a diameter, I automatically add a diameter symbol in front of the value.

If You have not defined any dimension or variable (by the way You also can set to expose any of them) I analyze the surrounding box in x,y,z and use them as main dimension for property.

Another request was to allow the definition of an offset value for any of these main dims to get a raw dimension property (Raw material info)

For sheetmetal parts I also analyze the flat pattern, calculating the total cut length, number of cuts, length of the maximum bend, cutting time with a table of used cut speed for laser cuts, I started to get a basi info about costs, allowing a cost value for every bend, for every square meter of gage, for any kg of gage, etc.

Besides this You can automatially save the flat pattern as DXF to a well defined directory.

The sheet metal info is based on my old SheetLaser macro which now is included into the main dim macro

Hope this info helps, but don't hestitate to further ask wathever is interesting for YOu.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

That's a whale of a functionality in a single macro.

Great work Wolfgang!

Regards,

Tushar

HI @Tushar

thanks for this acknowledgement and answering

regards
Wolfgang