Solved! Go to solution

New additions to callout properties.

[ Edited ]

I've notice they added some more options to callout properites for GD&T and other stuff. With out a the ability to do Feature Control Frame. how are people going to use this? If you follow the rules you need the Feature Control Frame, correct?

12 REPLIES

Re: New additions to callout properties.

Are you not seeing the icon for it in the annotation tab of the draft ribbon?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

No, you have a border tab to the right, thats it. that's always been there. i must be blind...Smiley Happy

Border tab?

Bruce Shand

didn't understand my post. Go to Callout. They've added a bunch of stuff. Trying understand why and how you can use it?

[ Edited ]

That feature control frame stuff has been there a long time. But I've frankly never completely understood how it's supposed to be used in callouts nor do I use it. Cut and paste I guess but it just seemed redundant. I mean the same things are available in the general tab of the callout properties. It's a way to grab those hole properties but I've always used the modifier options in the dimension bar to add GDT symbology and the FCF from annotation tab.

I don't think you can construct a FCF from a callout since there is no divider offered and it doesn't put in horizontal lines to enclose it. It's just for feature callouts.

Bruce Shand

I must be missing something. Other than the format button in ST8 I am not seeing anything different. 

This is ST7:

This is ST8:

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

Like I said, it's been there a long time.

Bruce Shand

TDB,

The special characters are ANSI symbols for things like counterbore, countersink, depth, etc. These are not GD&T symbols.

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author TDB
‎09-24-2015 07:51 AM

[ Edited ]

That's true. A few could be confused as such. My bad for not realizing.

Bruce Shand