New monitor for Solid Edge ST7 a 27" or ?

Hi,

What monitor size / resolution would be a good "fit" for Solid Edge ST7 in a dual screen set-up.

I'm using a Quadro 4000 so the max resolution is 2560x1600 

Seems there are a lot of 27" monitors @ 2560x1440 like the dell Ultrasharp etc.

Can you run one of these 27" monitors in 2560*1440 resolution and the secondary screen f.i. a 23" in a lower resolution ?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Jan Bos

4 REPLIES

Re: New monitor for Solid Edge ST7 a 27" or ?

Hi Jan,

I have Quadro 4000 on Windows 7 Ultimate running 2 monitors Dell U3011, 30" with 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Windows lets me set different resolution on each monitor, but naturally , because the monitors are same, I am using max resolution on both.

Milan

[ Edited ]

milanw wrote:I have Quadro 4000 on Windows 7 Ultimate running 2 monitors Dell U3011, 30" with 2560 x 1600 resolution.

NICE!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

The larger the better. What I look at is does it hold an 11x17" piece of paper at full scale with menues. This allows you to look at both A and B size drawings at the same scale you print. This helps when determining the readablility of drawings.

Like Milan, I run 2 x Dell 30" monitors at 2560x1680, but with a Quadro 2000 on a Dell T3600.  I usually use one for Edge and the other for everything else.  NVIDIA Quadro drivers allow you to run the screens at different resolutions, though their max resolution is always best, I find.

If you mix screen sizes it may be helpful to run the screens with effectively similar pixel sizes (heights) - so 2560x1680 is not the best on a 27" next to a 30".  That way, when a window is dragged between screens, or you stretch a window across both screens, the image is the same size.  The video driver allows you to position the screens to match their physical location - eg the top edge is in line, screen on the right.  I find this makes the multiple screen option very usable.

The non-identical setup is used with a lap-top on a docking station having an additional monitor attached, so I have the experience of both options.

Hope I am making sense, and that is of help.

Alan