Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New press brake, need bend callout to be opposite

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@MachineMfgYeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and....disagree with you there. I know exactly what the brake operators are needing in our shops, on our new brake as well as on our old one, really for every brake that any job I've worked at has had. But thanks for the suggestion.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I was gonna say that, even though I don't know half of what you sheet metal guys are talking about, this stuff is GOLD!

Thanks, @MachineMfg, for disabusing me of that notion by your assertion that these guys are full of ignorance.

I'm in no position to argue.

So, I guess you guys really are full of sheet.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI All,

Have you tried treating it like a faceted fold. The way we do square to round is by creating the round as a faceted line rather than a radius. doing this gives you an individual fold that has all the data associated with that fold.

Draft3.jpg

Toby

HDM Metal.

ACT Australia
Highlighted

Gears Phenom

@hdmhumewhat do you mean by faceted line? Do you mean using a polygon shape in place of a circle, so you have sections of straight lines in place of the radius? If that is what you mean, that's the way I usually preffered to do it, but actually using triangulation has been turning out to be more veratile. I can change the number of bends after wards withouth having to change anything at all, I can decide at a later time to step-bend something instead of roll it, and many times I now use a lofted flange on things I used to just do a contour flange with because I can later decide to make it a step bend and nothing has to change geometrically, my drawings stay in tact heck my flat pattern which maybe have already been cut is still the exact same.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

@nominus38 yes that's what i mean. sorry thats the only solution i have to getting step bend data automaticaly from a flange that has a bend radius larger that your pressbreak tooling

Toby

HDM Metal.

ACT Australia

Gears Phenom

@hdmhumeI think you maybe somewhat misunderstood the question. I have no problem getting the bend info. It's that I'm needing it to give me that info in the opposite of what it does. Instead of giving me a bend angle of say 2° I need it to call it out as 178°.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"